Thursday, May 19, 2005

What's inside our hearts?

The reason that I've decided to come out of hiding is to ask you all to join me in looking into our hearts to see what's inside. Is it love, hate or fear of the unknown or strangers? It seems to me that all of troubles start when we are not honest with ourselves about our own weaknesses and prejudices. My family and I just saw the movie "Crash" with Don Cheadle and I think that it deals with this subject very well. Also I think that nations (particularly powerful ones like my United States) have much the same problem in dealing with other countries. I hope I can make a difference in this world and hope that we might find it in our hearts to build bridges of understanding between folks of all religions and points of view.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elvis,

First off, I'd like to say that I picked up your Sun Studio sessions, but I'm sorry man, they are your best work by far. Very raw, very true. That said, the '69 comeback felt very electric, and gave us something to remember you by.

As far as your resurrection a protester against the Iraq war, couldn't come sooner, Mr. King. Obviously you were turning over in your grave too much on it, but let me tell you, you look a lot better coming out of the ground than you did going in.

Keep up the good work. I'm behind you 100%, Elvis.

May 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home